Apply for the role
Find all the information you need here regarding the role.
The overarching purpose of the Head of School role is to foster and maintain an environment in which academics and professional staff work collaboratively to achieve excellence in the areas of learning and teaching, research and innovation, and engagement and impact. The Head of School provides overall academic leadership within a School in support of the University’s mission, values, and strategic goals, and is responsible to the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Faculty for the effective management of staff and resources within the School.
The University is committed to gender equity and diversity. As an academic leader it is your responsibility to embed and foster a workplace culture where gender equity thrives, and there is gender equity in opportunities and outcomes.
- Leadership – able to work with others to develop a shared vision for the School’s future, inspire commitment and bring about change; demonstrable commitment to the University’s values of respect, integrity, courage, excellence and impact.
- Strategic focus – future focused and clear sighted; knowledgeable with respect to internal and external operating environments for the school and University; able to translate the University’s overarching strategic goals into local plans and initiatives.
- Commitment to equity and diversity – able to clearly articulate key challenges in respect of the management of equity and diversity within the School, and a commitment to addressing these challenges.
- Communication and interpersonal skills – excellent written and verbal communication skills; an effective negotiator and conflict manager; well-developed internal and external networks.
- People management – able to build a strong positive culture within the School; capable of attracting, developing and empowering talented staff, and fostering world class performance by both individuals and teams.
- Credibility – reputation and standing in academia, with industry and in the broader community.
- Commitment to excellence and innovation – capacity to deliver continuous improvement in both teaching and research.
- Global focus – able to identify and promote a clear role for the School in Curtin becoming a leading global university, through its teaching, research and engagement programs
- Industry connections – able to strengthen connections with industry partners, and to drive greater industry embeddedness with respect to educational programs and research.
- Current substantive appointment as Professor (ALE)
- Experience in managing organisational units in a university setting.
How to Apply
For further information and initial enquiries please contact the executive search firm Perrett Laver at [insert email] or by telephone [insert phone] for a confidential conversation. To apply please uploads your curriculum vitae and supporting covering letter at [insert URL] quoting reference [insert ref] before [insert date].
Protecting your personal data is of the upmost importance to Perrett Laver and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our trading divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerised database and transferred to our clients for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.
As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Perrett Laver is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is “Legitimate Interest”. You have the right to object us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website [insert URL].